Thursday 2 November 2017

November Colour Theme - Arches Triptych

Hello!

I am here today with my take on this months gorgeous colour theme...


I loved this colour palette and here is the project I made...


I decided to use some of my Tando arches in a different way, so put holes into the sides using a
crop-a-dile to turn them into a triptych.

The boards were all coated with white gesso first to create a base then some structure paste was added through the mini distressed diamond stencil to create texture.



Once dried I used quinacridone magenta, quinacridone violet and tinting base to create my background colours and then used the same colours with some more stencilling with the mini criss cross stencil and some extra marks using the paint with some plastic lids and old cards to create circles and lines.


To complete the background I used watering can archival ink with the 'Des Ronds et du Text' stamp from Carabelle.  Then I used the same ink to rub over the diamonds in the structure paste.


The wings were all painted with 2 coats of paynes grey and then sprayed with some pearl diamond sparkle varnish.  The hearts were coloured using sparkle pen and the largest heart then stamped onto.

Once these were added to the arches some words were used from Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers and finally the pieces joined together using wire.

Here are the links to the products used...

* Straight Edge Large Arches
* Mini Hearts
* Wings Set
* Steampunk Wings and Cogs
* Industrial Wings Kit
* Criss Cross Mini Stencil
* Distressed Diamond Mini Stencil
* Decoart Fluid Acrylic Paint

Thanks for reading and happy crafting,

Jane xx


No comments: